jamal wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-20-06 at 03:04 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>
>>It would be nice to have support for HFSC as well, which unfortunately
>>needs to be done in the kernel since it doesn't use rate tables.
>>What about qdiscs like SFQ (which uses the packet size in quantum
>>calculations)? I guess it would make sense to use the wire-length
>>there as well.
>

> Didnt even think of that ;->
> Is it getting too complicated?

The code wouldn't be very complicated, it just adds some overhead. If
you do something like I described in my previous mail the overhead for
people not using it would be an additional pointer test before reading
skb->len. I guess we could also make it a compile time option.
I personally think this is something that really improves our quality
of implementation, after all, its "wire" resources qdiscs are meant
to manage.