On (01/04/17 23:16), Daniel Borkmann wrote:

> Just reading up on the thread, sorry to jump in late. Can't you just
> use the generated code from bpf_asm (tools/net/) and add the asm program
> as a comment above? Something like we do in net/core/ptp_classifier.c +13.

I was actually using the example from the BSD bpf(4) man page,
and expanding on that one..

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bpf&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.7-RELEASE
(I could not find the equivalent linux man page).

It was a lot easier to parse than the existing code .

> As it stands it makes it a bit harder to parse / less readable with macros
> actually. Rest seems fine, thanks.

You think the earlier code was readable? I had to use
gcc -E, with help from the bpf(4) page, to make sense of it.

--Sowmini