On 17-01-09 01:23 PM, John Fastabend wrote:
On 17-01-08 09:19 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:

[..]
This should never be interpreted by kernel. I think this would be good
to make clear in the comment in the code.

Ah OK I had assumed you would be pushing this via tc_cls_flower_offload into
the driver in a follow up patch. But if it lives in kernel space as opaque
cookie guess its no different then other id fields order/prio/cookie.

Thanks for clarifying.

I think the feature makes a lot of sense (as is the action variant).
But can we make it:
a) fixed size
b) apply to all classifiers
c) please post a usage example via iproute2/tc

I am going to post the action variant in the next while - will do some more testing first.

cheers,
jamal