From: David Miller [mailto:da...@davemloft.net]
Sent: יום ג 17 ינואר 2017 21:06
To: Elad Nachman <el...@gilat.com>
Cc: netdev@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Kernel 4.6.7-rt14 kernel workqueue lockup - rtnl deadlock plus
syscall endless loop

From: Elad Nachman <el...@gilat.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 18:15:19 +0000

> Any thought about limiting the amount of busy polling?  Say if more
> than X polls are done within a jiffy, then at least for preemptable
> kernels you can sleep for a jiffy inside the syscall to yield the
> CPU for a while?

We cannot yield there, because we must return immediately from this
context in order to drop the sysctl locks and references.
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is intended for the above named
addressee(s), and may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and
delete this email: you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor
disclose its contents to any person.