On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 05:00:45PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Tue, 2017-02-07 at 12:23 -0800, Vishwanathapura, Niranjana wrote:

Please elaborate this section. What is a virtual Ethernet switch? Is it a
software entity or something that is implemented in hardware? Also, how are
these independent Ethernet networks identified on the wire? The Linux kernel
already supports IB partitions and Ethernet VLANs. How do these independent
Ethernet networks compare to IB partitions and Ethernet VLANs? Which wire-
level header contains the identity of these Ethernet networks? Is it
possible to query from user space which Ethernet network a VNIC belongs to?
If so, with which API and which tools?

I have added the VNIC packet format and some related information to the documentation in the PATCH series I just sent out.

Thanks,