David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> > Not really. The flag code last major change was to do the dormant
>> > stuff that HDLC wanted.
>>
>> ... and where the maintainer doesn't seem to care to use it now that the
>> infrastructure is there. Sigh.

This is very different from what I proposed and doesn't fit very well.
We've been discussing this to death.

> Yes, this is very unfortunate.  They made the loudest noise about
> wanting the change, yet they aren't even responsible enough to submit
> the HDLC patches necessary to make use of it.  This was apparently
> needed to fix HDLC, so where's the followup?

I'm still thinking how to use it safely. Should it be implemented
sanely, things would be different.

> This is why the HDLC "maintainers" shouldn't be surprised if we flat
> out ignore them the next time they complain about anything.

You are correct - some time ago, I was really surprised. Now, especially
having received that private mail from you - the situation is obvious.

I'm a single developer BTW.
--
Krzysztof Halasa