On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:

> This labels the flows that could utilize IPSec xfrms at the points they
> are defined so that IPSec policy and SAs at the right label can be used.
>
> The following protos are currently not handled, but they should continue
> to be able to use single-labeled IPSec like they currently do.
>
> ipmr
> ip_gre
> ipip
> igmp
> sit
> sctp
> ip6_tunnel (IPv6 over IPv6 tunnel device)
> decnet

Also, just to bring netdev up to date on this, previous discussion on the
redhat-lspp list about this patch:

(myself):
> This seems problematic in that it's not a general solution and depends
> always on hooking in at all of the right places in every protocol.
> Adding a bunch of hooks to protocol-specific code is what got us in trouble
> with the initial LSM submission.
>
> What about using secmark and connection tracking for this, instead?

I did get a reply from Venkat but can't find it in the archives, so it may
have been off-list?

IIRC, the outgoing netfilter hook is in the wrong location.

Venkat, please clarify.

- James
--
James Morris