>         In what case is the current behavior a problem (my guess would
> be something related to LLDP)?

LLDP is indeed the case we're trying to solve here.
Listen on one socket and get LLDP for all interfaces in the system.

>  What if, e.g., the bond is a bridge
> port, will STP frames no longer propagate to the bridge?

That's an interesting question.
I don't actually know how this should work.

Should this change perhaps only apply to packets we would otherwise
RX_HANDLER_EXACT?

ie. only affect link local packets on inactive slaves?
but continue reparenting link local packets on active slaves?

That would seem a little inconsistent... but less of a change.