David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> WARNING: "hdlc_set_carrier" [drivers/char/synclinkmp.ko] undefined!
>> WARNING: "hdlc_set_carrier" [drivers/char/synclink_gt.ko] undefined!
>> WARNING: "hdlc_set_carrier" [drivers/char/synclink.ko] undefined!
>> WARNING: "hdlc_set_carrier" [drivers/char/pcmcia/synclink_cs.ko] undefined!
>
> Krzysztof please provide a fix for this,

Sure

> this function you added
> calls to does not exist anywhere,

The function doesn't exist anymore, I've removed the calls (but
unfortunately not all of them). Now, instead of hdlc_set_carrier(),
normal netif_carrier_on|off() should be used (it looks like only
synclink drivers and drivers written by me used hdlc_set_carrier()
- other drivers always used netif_carrier_*() only).

> which suggests you either produced
> a patch against a different tree than the current one or you didn't
> even compile test this patch.

Actually I wasn't at the moment aware that there are WAN drivers in
drivers/char (only checked drivers/net).

I'm just posting a patch.
--
Krzysztof Halasa