On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:39:05AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Michael Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Simplicity and consistency. Whereas the relatively simple mic part of the
> > TKIP
> > algorithm is in crypto API, the (more important, more complicated) key
> > mixing
> > part is not in crypto api.

> Sure, I don't mind either way.  I think Jouni wrote this originally,
> maybe he can share his thoughts with us?

I was more or less told that TKIP implementation cannot be included in
the kernel tree before this was moved into crypto api.. I don't really
care much where it is, but since it is now in crypto api, it would sound
easiest to just keep it there. If someone really wants to move it away
from there and into TKIP code in ieee80211/d80211, feel free to do that.
However, at least for some time, there are two different TKIP
implementations (net/ieee80211 and net/d80211) so this would mean
duplicating Michael MIC implementation and I would rather not do that.