[...]
> > The fix you mentioned change the original logic.
> > The dev->vstats is freed in advance in the ndo_uninit, not destructor.
> > It may break the backward.
> Sorry, I didn't get your "backward"
> I can't see there will be any problem caused by it.
> can you say this patch also break the 'backward' ?
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/748964/
>
> It's really weird to do dev->reg_state check in ndo_unint ndo_unint is
> supposed
> to free the memory alloced in ndo_init.

I am not sure if it would break the backward, so I said it MAY break.
I assumed there may be someone would access the dev->vstats after ndo_uninit,
because current veth driver free the mem in the destructor.
I selected this approach because I don't want to bring new bugs during fix bug.

If you're sure it is safe to free dev->vstats in ndo_uninit, I would like to
update it.

BTW there are too many drivers which have possible memleak.
You could find the list by
https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg166629.html.

Some drivers allocate the resources in ndo_init, free some in ndo_uninit and
free left in destructor.
I think there are some reasons.
We could not move all free in the ndo_uninit from destructor. What's your
opinion?

Best Regards
Feng