On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:26:52 +0200, Jean-Mickael Guerin wrote:
> This patch prevents a NULL pointer dereferencing in AP mode:
> ieee80211_if_config will set conf->bssid only if device is of type STA
> or IBSS.
> I see it using following commands right after module loading (with rt61)
> # iwconfig wlan0 mode Master
> # ifconfig wlan0 up

The patch seems to fix the problem at a wrong place. rt2x00 has broken
add_interface handler - it allows adding of AP interface even though the
driver doesn't support AP mode. It is add_interface callback that should
be fixed in rt2x00.

The check in the patch most likely won't be needed even after AP mode
support is added to rt2x00 - the driver needs to handle AP mode
differently so config_interface callback will be rewritten anyway.

adm8211 driver doesn't have this problem and doesn't need to be
modified.

Thanks,

 Jiri

--