Michael Buesch wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/tmp$ git --version
git version 1.4.1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/tmp$ git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git
Generating pack...
Done counting 290305 objects.
Deltifying 290305 objects.
 100% (290305/290305) done
fatal: unexpected EOF) fatal: packfile '/tmp/wireless-2.6/.git/objects/pack/tmp-DuBFrs' SHA1 mismatch
error: git-fetch-pack: unable to read from git-index-pack
error: git-index-pack died with error code 128
fetch-pack from
'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git'
failed.

I tried several times on two different machines and also (as you can see)
with different git versions.
Could it be a git bug?

Do you have the same problem on other git trees?
I saw some people running into this error when cloning Linus' linux-2.6.git. I couldn't reproduce it, using exactly the same git version.

Daniel