Steve,
Thanks for the response.
Pls see my comments below.

Since our adapter does IPv4 and IPv6 checksum, do we then satisfy
the requirements to claim NETIF_F_HW_CSUM on Tx side ?
Also, for non-TSO, we can stuff the checksum at specified offset
in skb. What about TSO frames ?

> NETIF_F_HW_CSUM has no impact on receive. The form of receive
> checksumming format
> is up to the device. It can either put one's complement in
> skb->csum and
> set ip_summed to CHECKSUM_HW or if device only reports
> checksum good then
> set CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY.

The reason for thinking that NETIF_F_HW_CSUM and CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY
don't go together was a comment from Jeff way back in '04 when our
driver was initially submitted. Quoting from that mail:

"You CANNOT use NETIF_F_HW_CSUM, when your hardware does not provide the
checksum value.  You must use NETIF_F_IP_CSUM.  Your use of
NETIF_F_HW_CSUM + CHECKSUM_UNNECESSARY is flat out incorrect."