He, Jeff.

Thank for quick reply.

JK> On 8/1/06, a1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'm trying to set my nic to force 100Mb/FD, but I'm constantly getting
>> 100/HD on
>> other side of the link.
>>
>> The command is:
>> ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off
>>
>> e1000 driver version 7.1.9 (latest) downloaded from sourceforge.
>>

JK> What are you linking to? And what is the link partner set to?
I am linking to my 3com gigabit ethernet switch. And it shows
100Mbit/halfduplex.

JK> If one link partner is set to auto-negotiate, and the other partner
JK> forced, it is common to see this issue no matter what the two link
JK> partners are.
I thought the common behavior is that if one side force any particular
parameter, other side should "sense" that and go to that mode too.

In current case there is misunderstanding - one side (linux box)
reports 100/FD and other (switch) reports 100/HD.

Maybe I don't understand something...

--
Best regards,
 a1                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]