On (06/27/17 15:59), Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
> > Why does rds-tcp need to call sock_graft() without those invariants
> > met?
>
> It would certainly help to declare "dont use sock_creeate_kern()
> if you are going to accept on this socket"- I dont see that being
> mandated anywhere.

I can look into getting rds_tcp_accept_one also calling sock_create_lite
like every other caller, (though I may not get to this for another week,
due to travel), but the code in sock_graft() doesnt look right either.

At the very least, there needs to be a WARN_ON(parent->sk) there,
to provide a gentle dope-slap for the next slob that stumbles on this
type of leak.

--Sowmini