On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Steve Glendinning wrote:

Attached is a driver patch for SMSC911x family of ethernet chips,
generated against 2.6.18-rc1 sources. There's a similar driver in the
tree; this one has been tested by SMSC on all flavors of the chip and
claimed to be efficient.

Updated after feedback from Stephen Hemminger.

Driver updated to also support LAN921x family.  Workarounds added for
known hardware issues.

Many improvements following feedback from Stephen Hemminger and
Francois Romieu:
- Tasklet removed, NAPI poll used instead
- Multiple device support
- style fixes & minor improvements

Sorry to be coming in late, but I'm curious about why this work is being
submitted as a separate driver, rather than as patches against the driver
from Dustin McIntire that was added a few months ago. Is the intention to go forward with two different drivers for these chips?

Scott