Hi
I am currently working on porting 3945 driver to use d80211. The porting is going well, thanks for the great stack. I ran into some problems and issues that I had to use some work around to have it functioning. I hope I can find the help to point me to right way of using the stack.

1- I needed to use sta_info_get function to do rate scaling for 3945, although this function is exported but it was missing from d80211.h, for work around I had to copy more header files to my driver's directory, It this plan to add this function to d80211.h ?

2- Scanning; in 3945 driver, we can not tune to other channels while we are connected, this will cause a firmware error. The firmware provides a scanning command we call so the firmware will take care of switching of the available channels and gather beacons and probe responses. The current d80211 the stack will call config callback to switch to different channel and send the probe requests. One of our engineers did come up with a patch to add one more callback function if provided the d80211 will call this function to allow the registered driver to perform the scanning functionalities. For work around I currently check inside config callback if the scanning flag set I will issues the scan command then ignore the next config callback.

3- I can not access beacon's info from current associated AP. information I need to callback into the firmware like timestamp and aid, work around I would parse incoming management frame and filter beacon from associated AP to get this info. This is a duplicate code that d80211 stack doing, maybe there is away to get these info that I don’t know of. Also it will be nice to have some callback function on association, disassociation.

4- I am been using the driver for sometime right now and it seems to be stable and liable although I am using SMP system. I hearted of some SMP issues in d80211 and I have the machine and time to help in this. Do you have any test script the cause this SMP problems? Or steps to reproduce it.

again thanks alot for the great work on d80211.

Thanks

Mohamed Abbas