From: Claudiu Manoil <claudiu.man...@nxp.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 12:41:00 +0300

> Fix a small blunder in the Tx pause frame settings, that
> went unnoticed in the tangled code of adjust_link().
> I followed up with a couple of simple refactoring patches,
> aiming to make adjust_link() more manageable.
>
> (The last 2 patches may be postponed if they are too much
> for the current stage of net.)

You need to fix some things up here.

First, do not mix bug fixes with cleanups.  Refactoring is a cleanup.

Submit the bug fix for 'net' and then later you can submit the
cleanups for 'net-next'.

Second, do not CC: stable for networking bug fixes, instead explicitly
ask me to queue up the fix for -stable.

Third, you need to fix how you specify your Fixes tag, it must
be exactly:

Fixes: $(SHA1_ID) ("Commit header text.")

And no matter how long the line is, do not break it up.

Thank you.