Jay Vosburgh wrote:
        I haven't studied the effects of having large amounts of
multicast traffic coming in under this situation.

        However, I would suspect that the MAC filters found on
sufficiently modern network adapters would drop the incoming multicast
traffic on the backup slaves, as only the active slave in active-backup
mode has its multicast list set.  That information is sent to a slave
when it becomes the active slave; see the call to bond_mc_swap() made by
bond_change_active_slave().

OK, i agree the MAC filter would drop the incoming traffic on the backup slaves b/c bond_mc_swap() calls bond_mc_delete() on the slave which becomes a backup one. But as you have noted there might be some impact on the switch.

Or.