On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:39:15PM -0700, David Miller ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that where we store the
> skb_shared_info() is a weakness of the SKB design.

Food for thoughts - unix sockets can use PAGE_SIZEd chunks of memory
(and they do it almost always), which are aligned to 2*PAGE_SIZE due to
alignment issues with skb_shared_info, so unix sockets waste 3.5 kb of
memory on each skb. I think it is time to resurrect idea of placing
shared_info inside skb and allow to allocate it from own cache for
special cases, what do you think?

--
        Evgeniy Polyakov