rtm_newaddr masks off OPTIMISTIC.

inet6_rtm_newaddr(struct sk_buff *skb, struct nlmsghdr *nlh)
        /* We ignore other flags so far. */
        ifa_flags &= IFA_F_NODAD | IFA_F_HOMEADDRESS | IFA_F_MANAGETEMPADDR |
                     IFA_F_NOPREFIXROUTE;

Is there any problem or not allowed?

I need to do something like adding a route for the address after adding the
address but fails because the address is not useable yet.
I tried NODAD but there's still little delay until IFA_F_TENTATIVE is cleared.
        - rtm_newaddr sets IFA_F_TENTATIVE
        - set a timer for dad start with delay=0
        - some delay
        - dad starts but ends immediately because of NODAD flag, and clears
TENTATIVE.

And it looks like OPTIMISTIC does what I need but kind of disabled like the
code above.

Thanks,
Soohoon.