On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:42 AM, David Miller <da...@davemloft.net> wrote:
> From: Tom Herbert <t...@herbertland.com>
> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:48:55 -0700
>
>> The flow_dissector interface is not a uAPI.
>
> That's not true, insofar as cls_flower.c uses the flow_dissector
> therefore if you change the flow_dissector in certain ways then
> cls_flower.c might have it's behavior changed and that is in fact UAPI
> facing.

Then I would suggest adding another flag like FLOW_DISSECTOR_F_FLOWER
and when anyone puts new code into flow_dissector they can wrap it
with "if !(flags & FLOW_DISSECTOR_F_FLOWER)". If the flower uAPI is
subsequently update then the conditional can be removed. This way
flower can support maintain its APIs, but we can still still extend
and improve flow_dissector for othersuse cases.

Tom