W dniu 2017-10-19 o 01:29, Alexander Duyck pisze:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Vitezslav Samel <vitezs...@samel.cz> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 01:34:29AM +0200, Paweł Staszewski wrote:
W dniu 2017-10-16 o 18:26, Paweł Staszewski pisze:
W dniu 2017-10-16 o 13:20, Pavlos Parissis pisze:
On 15/10/2017 02:58 πμ, Alexander Duyck wrote:
Hi Pawel,

To clarify is that Dave Miller's tree or Linus's that you are talking
about? If it is Dave's tree how long ago was it you pulled it since I
think the fix was just pushed by Jeff Kirsher a few days ago.

The issue should be fixed in the following commit:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/commit/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_txrx.c?id=2b9478ffc550f17c6cd8c69057234e91150f5972
Do you know when it is going to be available on net-next and
linux-stable repos?

Cheers,
Pavlos

I will make some tests today night with "net" git tree where this patch
is included.
Starting from 0:00 CET
:)

Upgraded and looks like problem is not solved with that patch
Currently running system with
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/
kernel

Still about 0.5GB of memory is leaking somewhere

Also can confirm that the latest kernel where memory is not leaking (with
use i40e driver intel 710 cards) is 4.11.12
With kernel 4.11.12 - after hour no change in memory usage.

also checked that with ixgbe instead of i40e with same  net.git kernel there
is no memleak - after hour same memory usage - so for 100% this is i40e
driver problem.
   I have (probably) the same problem here but with X520 cards: booting
4.12.x gives me oops after circa 20 minutes of our workload. Booting
4.9.y is OK. This machine is in production so any testing is very
limited.

   Machine was stable for >2 months (on the desk before got to
production) with 4.12.8 but with no traffic on X520 cards.

         Cheers,

                 Vita
Sorry but it can't be the same issue since we are discussing a
different driver (i40e) running different hardware (X710 or XL170).
You might want to start a new thread for your issue, and/or if
possible file a bug on e1000.sf.net.

Thanks.

- Alex

sorry but bugs reported on e1000.sf.net are delayed - some after about 6 or more months - when i reported first bug there iv got reply after a year about no activity :):) haha - and reported there bug is still actrive :) better for me is now to change nics (for sure cheaper from  the perspective of clients :) ) to mellanox or just to replace and use ixgbe - that have no this bug (mellanox and ixgbe have no such bug - have many servers with them with same conf - and only one with i40e where is same conf and memleak)

If nobody from Intel wants to reproduce this - qool - this is not my problem but intels :) - there is now many good nics to use - like mellanox or just stick with many 10G based on ixgbe that is really good driver - but really ? intel guys have no XL710 cards ? i dont want to buy another buggy cards to do only kernel bisects .... sorry .... To do good bisects with this bug You need to spend maybee 200/300 bisects - and to confirm each - You need maybee 30minutes so count how much time You need - more that 100 cards in price from mellanox maybee :)

so imagine what i will do :)

Thanks
Paweł