Hi,
I've tried using the aesni generic gcm(aes) aead to implement TLS SW fallback
and
I'm getting
[ 3356.839506] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at
./include/crypto/algapi.h:417

The warning is coming from a ___might_sleep() macro that is called if
CRYPTO_TFM_REQ_MAY_SLEEP is set.
I'm getting the warning regardless of if pass CRYPTO_ALG_ASYNC or 0 as flags to
crypto_alloc_aead("gcm(aes)", 0, flags).

I've also noticed that rfc4106_encrypt() includes a irq_fpu_usable() check
while generic_gcmaes_encrypt() doesn't.
Is the generic gcm(aes) aead unsafe in atomic context?
And if so which aead should I use?

Finally, out of curiosity, doesn't macsec crypto run in atomic context?

Thanks,
Ilya