On 2017年10月31日 15:07, Wei Xu wrote:
BTW, did you see any improvement when running pktgen from the host if no
regression was found? Since this can be reproduced with only 1 vcpu for
guest, may you try this bind? This might help simplify the problem.
   vcpu0  -> cpu2
   vhost  -> cpu3
   pktgen -> cpu1

Yes -- I ran the pktgen test from host to guest with the binding
described.  I see an approx 5% increase in throughput from 4.12->4.13.
Some numbers:

host-4.12: 1384486.2pps 663.8MB/sec
host-4.13: 1434598.6pps 688.2MB/sec
That's great, at least we are aligned in this case.

Jason, any thoughts on this?

Wei

Good news is that pps is increased. I think the first step is moving things a little bit ahead by reposting the optimization of tx polling.

I will post a new version soon.

Thanks