Andrew Morton wrote:

- We expect that the lots-of-dirty-anon-memory-over-swap-over-network
scenario might still cause deadlocks.
  I assert that this can be solved by putting swap on local disks.  Peter
  asserts that this isn't acceptable due to disk unreliability.  I point
  out that local disk reliability can be increased via MD, all goes quiet.

  A good exposition which helps us to understand whether and why a
  significant proportion of the target user base still wishes to do
  swap-over-network would be useful.

You cannot put disks in many models of blade servers.

At all.

--
What is important?  What you want to be true, or what is true?