On 11/20/2017 05:09 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Steffen Klassert <steffen.klass...@secunet.com>
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 08:37:47 +0100
>
>> This patchset implements asynchronous crypto handling
>> in the layer 2 TX path. With this we can allow IPsec
>> ESP GSO for software crypto. This also merges the IPsec
>> GSO and non-GSO paths to both use validate_xmit_xfrm().
>
> Code looks generally fine to me.  Only thing of note is that this
> adds a new dev_requeue_skb() call site and that might intersect with
> John Fastabend's RFC work to make qdiscs lockless.

Right, fortunately it doesn't appear that the conflicts are too
hard to resolve. It looks like sch_redirect_xmit() will need to be
resolved with an additional check to test if the qdisc lock is
needed. Then assuming my reading is correct validate_xmit_xfrm(),
xfrm_dev_resume(), and xfrm_dev_backlog() can run without qdisc
lock already.

Thanks,
John