I demand that Francois Romieu may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :
>> In case you don't yet have an lspci dump for an RTL8136, here's one for a
>> device which is working with the r1000 driver which is supplied with
>> Ubuntu dapper (though the machine in question - a Toshiba Equium A110-233
>> - is actually running Debian testing.)

> Thanks. The MM region was correctly guessed. If the driver does not work,

... which it doesn't - the connection is lost, and the hardware continually
tries and fails to re-establish it. I can at least get a 10baseT/full
connection with help from ethtool, but trying to send anything over it fails;
switching back to r1000 (and forcing the connection speed) gets things
working again, though a reboot seems to be needed to get auto-negotiation of
higher speeds working again (note that it's limited to 100baseT/full; I
have nothing else capable of 1000baseT).

> you can try to s/RTL_CFG_1/RTL_CFG_2/ for the 0x8136 entry in the
> rtl8169_pci_tbl array.

That appears to make no difference.

|   Kill all extremists!

"The universe is a spheroid region 705m in diameter."