> My main concern with these patches is that moving the
> NetLabel check out
> of selinux_socket_sock_rcv_skb() and into
> selinux_skb_policy_check() (as
> it is currently written) would force us to compare a packet's NetLabel
> with either the IPsec label or the secmark label

Yes you would do these checks (while using a netlabel based off of the
secmark at that point) to enforce flow control and when they succeed,
you will copy netlabel into secmark.

> and not the socket's
> label.

The socket Vs. secmark check that happens later in rcv_skb will in fact be
looking at the cipso label that is by then a part of the secmark context.

>  The ability to make access decisions based on the process
> consuming the data and the data itself it one of the nicer
> qualities of
> NetLabel in my opinion.

This nicer quality ends up being preserved as explained above :)

We just need to get out of the mindset of viewing netlabel separately
once we are past the reconciliation point.