On 01/25/2018 08:15 AM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
If i'm reading your patch correctly, you are looking for the MDIO
reset in the MAC node. This is wrong. It is an MDIO property, so
should be in the MDIO device. Once we have figured out how to
represent MDIO busses in ACPI, the reset will be in the MDIO node.

Just FYI, the MDIO controller in the EMAC is integrated, so I can't see us creating a separate Device Tree or ACPI node/property for it. Granted, the code in emac-phy.c:emac_phy_config() that registers the MDIO bus is convoluted, so maybe there's an opportunity to replace some/all of that code with some generic API. Maybe we need something like acpi_mdiobus_register() like we have of_mdiobus_register().

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the