Kirill Korotaev wrote:
I think classifying network virtualization by Layer X is not good enough.
OpenVZ has Layer 3 (venet) and Layer 2 (veth) implementations, but
in both cases networking stack inside VE remains fully virtualized.
Let's describe all those (three?) approaches at http://wiki.openvz.org/Containers/Networking Everyone is able to read and contribute to that, and (I hope) we will come to the common understanding. I have started the article, please enlarge.