On 9/13/06, Daniele Lacamera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

Please let me insist once again on the importance of adding a TCP Pacing
mechanism in our TCP, as many people are including this algorithm in
their congestion control proposals. Recent researches have found out
that it really can help improving performance in different scenarios,
like satellites and long-delay high-speed channels (>100ms RTT, Gbit).
Hybla module itself is cripple without this feature in its natural
scenario.

Where is the published research? If you are going to mention research
you need URLs to papers and please put this in source code too so
people can check.

The following patch is totally non-invasive: it has a config option and
a sysctl switch, both turned off by default. When the config option is
enabled, it adds only 6B to the tcp_sock.

I agree with Arnaldo's comments and also would add I don't like having
to select 1000 as HZ unit. Something is wrong if you need this as I
can run higher resolution timers without having to do this....

Haven't reviewed the rest of the code or tested.

Ian
--
Ian McDonald
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4