From time to time I "play" with netperf on different systems. I happen to have occasion to play with a T2000. Under Solaris 10 I am able to coerce the interrupts of the different core GbEs to be on different cores rather than strands of the same core.

Under a 2.6.15 kernel (Ubuntu Dapper) it would appear that the old standby of "echo affinity mask to the IRQ" doesn't "work" - no matter how I change the mask for a NIC, running a netperf TCP_RR test seems to show the interrupts happening on the same strand.

Is it indeed not possible to alter the interrupt assignments or have I (as I'm wont to do) missed something quasi-obvious?

thanks,

rick jones