Hi Tim,
Hi Jeff,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 05:39:08PM +0200, Ingo Oeser wrote:
> > Ingo Oeser wrote:
> > > I  get the following message when trying to transfer big files
> > > (via FTP or SCP) since Linux 2.6.16.27. It didn't happen with Linux
> > > 2.6.13.4.
> > >
> > > [702238.242237] eth1: increased tx threshold, txcfg 0xd0f01008.
> > > [702238.242649] eth1: increased tx threshold, txcfg 0xd0f0100a.
> > Is it possible to have the maximum value right from the start?
> > May I tune it somewhere to be the maximum from the start?
>
> This will (if I recall) increase transmit latency.  It's a fine line.  You
> might tune it up, but this fallback path probably should not be removed..

Will implementing "ethtool_ringparam" be the right thing for this?

Or is there simply no ethtool mechanism for setting up thresholds, yet?

If not, I would simply like to have my original pr_debug patch included.
The actual value of the tx threshhold can be queried
via "ethtool -d eth0" already.

What do you think?

Regards

Ingo Oeser