Hi Kirill, Marc,

I checked the code once more and added some debug output to the other parts in CAN notifier code.

In fact the code pointed to by both of you seems to be obsolete as I only wanted to be 'really sure' that no leftovers of the CAN filters at module unloading.

Yes, this one looks good:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-can&m=150169589119335&w=2

Regards,
Kirill

I was obviously too cautious ;-)

All tests I made resulted in the function iterating through all the CAN netdevices doing exactly nothing.

I'm fine with removing that stuff - but I'm not sure whether it's worth to push that patch to stable 4.12+ or even before 4.12 (without namespace support - and removing rcu_barrier() too).

Any opinions?

Best regards,
Oliver