>>> Also any plans for HW offload support for this? I vaguely recall that
>>> the igb and ixgbe parts had support for something like this in
>>> hardware. I would have to double check to see what exactly is
>>> supported.
>>
>> I hadn't given that much thought until the request yesterday to
>> expose the NETIF_F_GSO_UDP_L4 flag through ethtool. By
>> virtue of having only a single fixed segmentation length, it
>> appears reasonably straightforward to offload.
>
> Actually I just got a chance to start on a review of things. Do we
> need to have to use both GSO_UDP and and GSO_UDP_L4? It might be
> better if we could split these up and specifically call out GSO_UDP as
> UFO and GSO_UDP_L4 as being UDP segmentation.

Thanks for taking a look, Alex.

Agreed, I'll revise that. My initial thought was that both gso skbs need
to take the same udp gso special case branches in places like act_csum
and ovs. But on rereading that seems an unsafe approach, as some
branches are fragmentation specific. I'll review them all and add
separate SKB_GSO_UDP_L4 cases where needed, instead.