David Miller wrote:
From: "Michael Chan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:17:04 -0700

I'm against letting normal users do ETHTOOL_GREGS and ETHTOOL_PHYS_ID.
Dumping 64K worth of registers and blinking the LEDs should be
restricted.  But I have no problem doing these checks in the driver if
necessary.

Ok I removed PHYS_ID and GREGS from the allowed list.
Any others?

GWOL now spits out a password for all users -> security risk. Ditto GEEPROM. GSET has been known to cause hangs if done in a tight loop, on some 10/100 cards, which is now permitted by any user. At the very least, it should be rate-limited.

I wasn't just being obstinate, when requesting an audit.

        Jeff