> >>While I don't see any explicit mention of it in the documentation or
> >>your comments, I assume we would want a flow_out check for
> >>NetLabel here
> >>as well?
> >
> > I don't believe we do. By this time, the packet is or
> should already be
> > carrying the CIPSO/NetLabel option which should already be
> the right one
> > (derived from the socket or flow as appropriate), but you
> would want to
> > audit the code to make sure. IOW, the label option in the
> IP header should
> > already be reflecting the secmark on the skb. But again,
> you may want to
> > audit the code to make sure.
>
> In the case above I am concerned about the situation where the
> skb->secmark == 0 and there is a IPv4 option (i.e. it is NetLabel
> labeled) on the packet.

Where we initialize the secmark should be immaterial from the NetLabel
point of view. The kernel mechanisms should assure that the IP option
reflects the MLS portion (or a label in the SA range) elsewhere. In any
case, a flow_out check doesn't make sense since the IP option and the
secmark are (should be) mirroring each other and there's in actuality
no "flow out" happening; they are just 2 representation of the SAME label.

Your suggestion as to adjusting the secmark per the IP option might be
fraught with danger since, in certain cases, I believe, you just return
the incoming options in the outgoing packet (timewait, openreq, etc.?),
and there's no assurance that that's a valid enough option that you can
retrieve a sid with it, correct?