On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Jakub Kicinski
<jakub.kicin...@netronome.com> wrote:

> At some points you (Broadcom) were working whole bunch of devlink
> configuration options for the PCIe side of the ASIC.  The number of
> queues relates to things like number of allocated MSI-X vectors, which
> if memory serves me was in your devlink patch set.  In an ideal world
> we would try to keep all those in one place :)

Yeah, another colleague is now working with Mellanox on something similar.

One difference between those devlink parameters and these queue
parameters is that the former are more permanent and global settings.
For example, number of VFs or number of MSIX per VF are persistent
settings once they are set and after PCIe reset.  On the other hand,
these queue settings are pure run-time settings and may be unique for
each VF.  These are not stored as there is no room in NVRAM to store
128 sets or more of these parameters.

Anyway, let me discuss this with my colleague to see if there is a
natural fit for these queue parameters in the devlink infrastructure
that they are working on.