both patches work properly for me.

Maybe it could be helpful in the first patch to add a print when
pass-through setting fails if raw-ip has not been set, just to let the
user know what is happening.

Thanks for testing Daniele.
I can add an error message there when pass through mode setting fails.
Will you be submitting the patch for iproute2. Otherwise, I can do so
a bit later.

Maybe rmnet_is_real_dev_registered(dev->net) instead, since we use that
elsewhere in this function?

Like Daniele said: It would be good to have some way to know when the
rawip condition fails.  Or even better: Automatically force rawip mode
when the rmnet driver attaches.  But that doesn't seem possible?  No
notifications or anything when an rx handler is registered?

Hmm, looking at this I wonder: Is the rawip check really necessary? You
skip all the extra rawip code in the driver anyway, so I don't see how
it matters.  But maybe the ethernet header_ops are a problem?

And I wonder about using skb->dev here.  Does that really work?  I
didn't think we set that until later.  Why not use dev->net instead?

Hi Bjørn

Yes, I will switch to using dev->net.
There doesnt seem to be a net device notifier event when the rx registration
happens.

If the dev type is ethernet, rmnet driver will try to remove the first 14 bytes since it assumes an ethernet header is present in the packet. Hence the
need for raw ip mode in qmi_wwan.

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project