On 6/21/2018 9:49 PM, David Miller wrote:
From: Shannon Nelson <shannon.nel...@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:42:41 -0700

A couple of bad behaviors in the ipsec selftest were pointed out
by Anders Roxell <anders.rox...@linaro.org> and are addressed here.

Shannon Nelson (2):
   selftests: rtnetlink: hide complaint from terminated monitor
   selftests: rtnetlink: use a local IP address for IPsec tests

Series applied, but I wonder about patch #2.

The idea is that we don't make modifications to the actual system
networking configuration and therefore make changes that can't
possibly disrupt connectivity for the system under test.

Using a configured local IP address seems to subvert that.

Yeah, I'm not so thrilled with it either. I've got a couple more changes coming Real Soon Now that extend netdevsim and add a couple of tests for ipsec-hw-offload, so while I finish those up I can change this again and make use of netdevsim to leave existing devices alone.

For that matter, if you want to cut down on patch thrash, just drop patch 2.

sln