|  >  csum_copy_err:
|  > -  UDP_INC_STATS_BH(UDP_MIB_INERRORS);
|  > +  UDP_INC_STATS_BH(UDP_MIB_INERRORS, is_udplite);
|  > +  UDP_DEC_STATS_BH(UDP_MIB_INDATAGRAMS, is_udplite);
|
|  I'm not a big fan at all of these "statistic corrections"
|  we're starting to place in various spots.
I am not really fond of this solution either. It evolved via discussion, from a
previous suggestion to place the increment of InDatagrams into udp_recvmsg().
The problem with that alternative was in dealing with applications which use the
data_ready handler (such as sunrpc).

|  I really don't think it's the end of the world if we count as
|  INDATAGRAMS a packet that we later discover has a bad checksum.
It would have been nice to say "all these counters count correctly". Maybe that
has been over-ambitious - in  tcp_ipv4.c I found that tcp_v4_rcv also counts
incoming segments even if they are bad.

I will restore the original state and remove the counter decrements in the
next upcoming version of the patch.

Thank you,

-- Gerrit