On 7/6/18 9:58 AM, Sabrina Dubroca wrote:

> Right. I'll add that as a separate patch in this series, unless you
> really prefer the change squashed into this patch.

no preference.

>> Looking at other addr_gen_mode sites, addrconf_sysctl_stable_secret is
>> messed up as well. It propagates a change to 'default' to all existing
>> devices.
>
> I guess it was intentional, given:
>
>         if (&net->ipv6.devconf_all->stable_secret == ctl->data)
>                 return -EIO;
>
> It only propagates the mode, and not the secret itself, to all
> devices. After thinking about it for a while, I guess it considers the
> new default not only as default for newly created devices, but also
> for newly added addresses/prefixes.
> Or am I making stuff up?

Maybe Hannes can explain (622c81d57b392). It should have been all
instead of default. As I understand it default is what devices start
with on create and individual devices can be changed. 'All' overrides
device-specific settings. So the above is inconsistent. One of many with
sysctl that makes it frustrating for users.