On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:28:10 +1000
"Tobin C. Harding" <m...@tobin.cc> wrote:

> Since I've already botched it can I ask for guidance here.  The problem
> is updating the links means making changes that will cause merge
> conflicts if they go through net-dev tree (since most references are in
> Documentation/*.rst).  But we can't go through docs tree either since
> that could lead to merge conflicts later as well.

Merge conflicts are a way of life in Documentation/ - everybody messes
with it.  They are usually pretty easy to resolve.

I only see a handful of references to netdev-FAQ.txt in the tree; I would
suggest just making the change and being done with it.  There shouldn't be
any need to do a more complicated dance than that.

And to answer your other question, yes of course it's fine (and expected)
for this to go through Dave's tree.

Thanks,

jon