Ville Nuorvala wrote:
As the IPv6 route lookup now also returns the selected source address
there is no need for a separate source address lookup. In fact, the
source address selection needs to be moved to get_dst() because the
selected IPv6 source address isn't always stored in the route.
Sometimes this makes it impossible to guess the correct address later on.

I remember having to do a separate call to ipv6_get_saddr() specifically because ip6_route_output() didn't fill in the source address. Now if the route lookup also returns the source address, it looks logical to remove the separate source address lookup. So i agree with the idea behind the patch. I will review the patch in detail and try it out next week to see that it doesn't break SCTP
and  get back to you.
I guess this is targeted for 2.6.20. Is that right?

Thanks
Sridhar