(i'm sure this has been explained many times before, so a link
covering this will almost certainly do just fine.)

  i want to loop one physical ethernet port into another, and just
ping the daylights from one to the other for stress testing. my fedora
laptop doesn't actually have two unused ethernet ports, so i just want
to emulate this by slapping a couple startech USB/net adapters into
two empty USB ports, setting this up, then doing it all over again
monday morning on the actual target system, which does have multiple
ethernet ports.

  so if someone can point me to the recipe, that would be great and
you can stop reading.

  as far as my tentative solution goes, i assume i need to put at
least one of the physical ports in a network namespace via "ip netns",
then ping from the netns to the root namespace. or, going one step
further, perhaps putting both interfaces into two new namespaces, and
setting up forwarding.

  anyway, a recipe for this would be just ducky. thank you kindly.

rday

                  http://crashcourse.ca/dokuwiki