Kumar Gala wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has had any issues when trying to force a BCM5461 phy into 10M/full duplex. I seem to be having an issue in the two managed switches I've tried this on but autoneg to 10/half. This causes a problem in that I start seeing a large number of frame errors.

I believe, but need to double check, that if I leave the BCM5461 in autoneg, and foce the switch to 10M/full that the BCM5461 will autoneg at 10M/half duplex.

Indeed, if one side is hardcoded, autoneg will "fail" and the side trying to autoneg is required by the specs (not that I know chapter and verse to quote from the IEE stuff :( to go into half-duplex.

Was 10M/Fullduplex ever standardized? If not I could see where kit might not be willing/able to autoneg to that.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen similar behavior with this PHY.

thanks

- kumar