On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 08:43:51PM +0200, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> Ugh, CC: netdev..
>
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 20:05:39 +0200, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I wonder if we can use phys_port_id in switchdev to group together
> > interfaces of a single PCI PF?  Here is the problem:

On Mellanox cards, this is already possible via phys_switch_id, as
each PF has its own phys_switch_id. So all VFs with a given
phys_switch_id belong to the PF with that same phys_switch_id.

I understand this is a vendor-specific design, but if you have the
same phys_switch_id across PFs, does it really matter on which PF the
VF was created on?

  Marcelo