[Note: I'm the contributor of the manpage]

* Stephen Hemminger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alexander Wirt wrote:

[manpage for ss]

>> \fBss\fP is another utility to investigate sockets. Functionally it is
>> NOT better than netstat combined with some perl/awk scripts and though it is
>> surely faster it is not enough to make it much better. :-) So, stop reading
>> this now and do not waste your time. Well, certainly, it proposes some
>> functionality, which current netstat is still not able to do, but surely will
>> soon.

> Amusing but hardly in keeping with the style and tone of other man pages.

The lines above are a 1:1 copy of the text by Alexey Kuznetosv I found in
the iproute-doc package at /usr/share/doc/iproute-doc/ss.html
[see http://www.math.ias.edu/doc/iproute-2.6.9/ss.ps].
Of course feel free to drop/replace the lines.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -ยป Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins